Connemara Carrageen Moss
Regular price €4.20
Our Carrageen moss, or Irish moss as it is also known, is hand harvested from the pristine Atlantic waters off the Connemara coast.
It is dark red-brown in colour but sunlight bleaches it to a white yellow colour as it dries.
‘Carrageen’ is derived from the Irish word for a little rock, suiting this seaweed which grows in small tufts on the many rocks dotting the lower shore.
Ingredients: 100% Carrageen Moss (Chrondus Crispus)
Directions for Use: Carrageen is widely used in many food products due to its emulsifying and gelling properties. It can also be used to thicken foods and is used in many desserts as it produces a colourless jelly-like consistency. Carrageen can be used for puddings, panna cottas, mousses as well as being the vegetarian answer to gelatine.
The pre-soaked carrageen can be boiled in water or milk and strained, before adding honey and ginger as a home remedy for sore throats and chest congestion.
- All items are subject to availability
- Buy online, pick up from our shop and save on delivery costs.
- We can have your order packed and ready to go, so no hanging around.
- Local delivery €6.00, National Courier Delivery: €8.95
- Free postage on Gift Vouchers
- We cannot guarantee delivery times, particularly for nationwide deliveries (outside of Galway City and surrounds)