In Ireland, it is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone under 18 years of age. Our acceptance of any order (wine or a hamper containing alcohol) is based on the purchaser being at least 18 years old.
Proof of age when we're delivering
When we're delivering wine we may request proof of age. So, to ensure hassle-free delivery, please help us out by:
- Making sure an adult can accept delivery of your order whether it's your home or office address.
- Not taking any offence if we ask for ID
And if there's an issue?
If there is an issue with your delivery, please contact us and we will work to get it resolved. We sincerely apologise for any under-estimation of age that may occur during a delivery, however flattering this may be to the recipient!
Visit DrinkAware.ie for the facts on under-age drinking.
- We need a minimum of 3 working days to process orders. Working days Monday to Friday.
- For local deliveries around Galway City we deliver ourselves. Local delivered hampers are packaged in open wicker baskets, with cello wrap and a bow. Wine is delivered in boxes. Deliveries Monday to Friday, we do not deliver at the weekend.
- Please note hampers for courier or ferry delivery are packed in gift boxes (not baskets) to ensure safe delivery.
- We use Fastway Couriers for all other deliveries. They are fast and reliable and normally deliver the following day as long as the order is ready by 10am. Fastway do not deliver at the weekend, except coming up to Christmas.
- Delivery charge is €8.95 per box to anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- Unfortunately we cannot ship outside Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Orders for collection must be collected from McCambridge’s, 38/39 Shop Street, Galway. Orders for collection do not incur a delivery charge (I know, it should be obvious!)